Art rental is growing in popularity. Even during a shaky economy people realize the value of art on their walls. And art rental systems aren’t just for private individuals. Plus, they are no longer seen as being a bit downmarket (they used to be) as several prestigious art museums now offer rentals.
So, who would be interested in renting art? The private individual of course, especially if they are considering buying artwork but would like to live with it for a while first. But there are many other applications:
- Realtors. If they are selling a home with no artwork, it’s important for them to have quality art on the walls. This is especially the case in South Florida as our subject matter is appropriate for the lifestyle. If you’re selling a beach house, what better artwork that beach scenes? What’s more these are top quality, limited editions
- Stagers. Ditto. What’s more, art can help home viewers remember one property over another. Buyers see a lot of properties. “Which one was that? Oh yes, the one with the gorgeous sunrise scene in the dining room”
- Commercial offices. Our artwork gets people into a good mood. It’s not aggressive. It’s attractive to anyone. It can enhance conference rooms and corridors and have a great effect on potential clients who visit
- Healthcare. Our artwork is relaxing. It soothes people at a time when they might be feeling apprehensive
- Interior designers. Like any commercial office except it shows their taste in locally produced artworks
- Yachts. It’s an affordable way to decorate. If your business is yacht charters, great artwork can make all the difference when it comes to a client choosing your yachts and not those of your competitors. The artwork matches the lifestyle
- Private individuals. It gives them the opportunity to live with artworks before making a commitment to buy
- Self-catering accommodation. You have self catering accommodation that is less expensive for your guests than local hotels but nevertheless you don’t want to spoil your image with cheap, mass-produced artworks
- Seasonal residents. They can furnish their second homes with artwork just for the period of occupation. Why spend money on artwork for an apartment or condo that is only used for three months out of the year?
- Hotels and other exhibition venues. It is a way for them to hold an exhibition without committing to the purchase of artwork. It’s a very affordable way of having a long term exhibition and establishing themselves as an art hotel
- Event planners. Perhaps you’re planning a wedding or other event at a location that needs help visually. Get in touch
- Fitness centers, gyms, massage businesses etc. If you offer massage, Pilates, or yoga, these are designed to relax your clients. Take this one step further with relaxing and soothing artworks on the walls
- Film or TV companies. Renting quality artwork is a great way of creating realistic sets. Perhaps you are renting a vacant house as a set for a movie? Artwork rental is a great way to get quality art on the walls
Great, but how much does it cost? How does it work?
Artwork rental costs are usually between 7 and 10% of the artwork sticker price. With most pieces, there is a minimum rental period of three months. (This is our standard term but we are open to negotiation of course). What happens after the three month period? You can:
- Continue just as you were on a month-by-month basis
- Continue on a month-by-month basis but switch the artwork for others from our collections. This gives you a constantly rotating exhibition of artworks for your premises
- Say ‘thank you very much, that was wonderful’ and return the artwork
- Purchase the artwork at a deeply discounted rate
There are terms and conditions of course and currently we can only offer this in our local area - but if you are a courier service interested in doing deliveries for us get in touch!